Springfield Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents | Construction Site Accidents | Dog Bites and Animal Attacks | Motorcycle Accident Claims | Slips and Falls | Truck Accident Lawsuits | Workplace Injuries and Workers’ Compensation
An accident will change your life in an instant. When you are unnecessarily injured because of the carelessness or negligence of another person, you may find it difficult or impossible to work and meet your financial obligations. You may need extensive medical care, including long-term physical therapy or rehabilitation. You may live with significant pain on a daily basis, such that you have to give up hobbies or passions that used to bring meaning to your life. You may have challenges simply enjoying the company of other people.
When your life has been turned upside down by the wrongful or careless acts of another person, you have a right to seek full and fair compensation for your injury and loss. It’s important, though, to have proven and experienced legal counsel, attorneys who understand the law and process, who have helped others just like you. You want the Lee Law Firm, LLC.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Springfield, NJ
Attorney Edward Lee brings has consistently protected the rights of personal injury victims in Springfield and across New Jersey for more than three decades. An experienced trial advocate, Ed has been certified as a civil trial attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court since 2005. He’s been recognized among the “Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, as well as a New Jersey Super Lawyer. His clients have given him an Excellent rating with Avvo and he’s a Top Lawyer Lifetime Member of the Global Directory of Who’s Who.
There’s no charge or obligation for your first consultation.
What Types of Personal Injury Claims Does the Lee Law Firm Handle?
At the Lee Law Firm, we provide full-service legal counsel to men and women across New Jersey who have been hurt in virtually any type of accident:
- Car crashes—We represent drivers and passengers in cases involving T-bones, rear-end collisions, head-on crashes, sideswipes and other automobile wrecks
- Construction site claims—We protect the rights of workers on residential or commercial construction projects, taking cases involving falls from heights, falling objects, dangerous or defective tools or machinery, “caught-between” accidents, jobsite motor vehicle crashes, and co-worker error
- Dog bites and animal attacks—We fight for people who have suffered any type of injury in an unprovoked attack by someone else’s canine
- Motorcycle wrecks—We advocate for people who have hurt as operators or passengers on motorcycles, whether in collisions with other motorists or single-bike crashes
- Slips, trips and falls—We represent individuals who have been needlessly hurt on residential or commercial property because of carelessness or negligence of property owners
- Truck accidents—We understand the unique aspects of commercial truck accident claims, including the challenges with proving causation, as well as the potential damages. We are familiar with state and federal trucking regulations and know how to work effectively with trucking insurance companies to get the compensation you need.
- Workplace accidents, including workers’ compensation—We have a thorough understanding of the New Jersey workers’ compensation system and can help streamline the process of getting the benefits you need after an injury on the job.
What Must You Prove to Recover Compensation in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Though you can always seek damages when someone else’s intentional acts cause you injury or loss, most personal injury claims are based on the legal principle of negligence. To prove negligence, you must show that:
- The defendant (person from whom you seek compensation) failed to act as a reasonable person would have under the circumstances
- The failure to act reasonably caused an accident or illness
- You suffered actual losses as a consequence of the accident or illness
What Types of Damages Are Typically Available in a Springfield Personal Injury Case?
When the carelessness or negligence of another person causes an accident, you have a right to seek full and fair compensation for any loss or injury, including:
- Any lost wages or income resulting from your injuries
- The physical and mental pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Any unreimbursed medical expenses related to the accident
- Your loss of enjoyment of life
- Your loss of consortium or companionship
- Any damage to or loss of property stemming from the accident
How Much Can You Expect to Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
Some of the damages will be easy to calculate, but certain losses can be somewhat subjective. Certain “economic losses,” such as wages and income, medical expenses and property loss, are usually supported by documentation. Other more speculative (or “non-economic”) damages, such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of companionship/consortium, are far more difficult to assess. Many courts simply calculate the amount of economic losses and multiply if by a factor of 1 to 5 to determine non-economic losses.
What Types of Injuries Are Typically Covered by a Personal Injury Claim?
In a personal injury lawsuit, you can pursue compensation for any type of injury, from sprains, strains, muscle pulls, joint injury and connective tissue damage to serious and catastrophic loss, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury, including concussion
- Spinal cord trauma, such as herniated or bulging discs, nerve impingements or vertebrae damage
- Broken bones or fractures
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement, including road rash
- Paraplegia, tetraplegia or quadriplegia
- Burns of any kind
- Amputation or loss of limb
After the accidental or wrongful death of a family member, you can also file a personal injury claim, seeking damages for loss of support, loss of guidance and comfort, loss of services, and funeral/burial expenses.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Springfield Today
Take the right steps to get your life back after a personal injury Call us at 973-315-9080 or contact the Lee Law Firm online to schedule a free initial consultation with the Lee Law Firm. We can come to your home or the hospital to meet with you, if necessary. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We accept all major credit cards. Nosotros hablamos Español!
We take all personal injury claims on a contingent fee basis. You won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your losses.
The Lee Law Firm, LLC
It’s Not Just Business—It’s Personal!