New Jersey Serious and Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Let the Lee Law Firm Help You Get Full and Fair Compensation
When you’ve been in a horrific accident and suffered serious and potentially catastrophic injuries, you need a lawyer who understands the complexity of your claims. The medical issues can be complex, and the calculation of damages requires considerable knowledge and experience. You don’t want to trust your financial recovery to someone who hasn’t had the experience of preparing a serious and catastrophic loss claim, who hasn’t worked with expert witnesses, who hasn’t successfully handled these types of claims before. After a serious or catastrophic injury, you want the Lee Law Firm.
The Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Serious and catastrophic injuries typically involve permanent changes to the victim’s well-being and often require lifelong medical care. The most common types of injuries that are considered to be serious and catastrophic are:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)—Concussions, open or closed head wounds, hypoxia (lack of oxygen to the brain)
- Spinal cord injury—Bruised or severed spinal cord, associated with paraplegia, tetraplegia and quadriplegia
- Broken bones or fractures—Serious bone trauma that may require the insertion of pins or plates, or cause permanent loss of function
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement, typically from burns, lacerations or similar trauma
- Burn injuries
- Amputation or loss of limb
The Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
The types of accidents that most often lead to serious and catastrophic loss include:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents—A person can suffer a wide range of serious or catastrophic in a motor vehicle accident, whether from the impact of a collision to a vehicle fire to whiplash-type injuries or road rash
- Pedestrian accidents—When you collide with a few thousand pounds of metal, the injuries are almost always serious
- Slips and falls—One of the most common causes of serious and catastrophic injury, including fractures, as well as spinal cord or brain injury
- Medical malpractice—Surgical errors, misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose, and anesthesia mistakes
- Workplace injuries—Breakdown or malfunction of industrial machines or equipment, explosions, fires and other hazards
- Construction site injuries—Construction sites are among the most dangerous places to work, posing risk of serious and catastrophic injury from falling objects, falls from heights, “caught-between” accidents, motor vehicle accidents, electrocutions, and exposure to dangerous or defective tools, equipment or machinery
How Our Lawyers Can Help You with Your Catastrophic Injuries Claim
At the Lee Law Firm, we’ll handle every detail of your case, from the preparation and filing of your complaint to the gathering, evaluation and preservation of evidence. We’ll carefully interview all potential witnesses and review all documentary evidence. We have extensive experience working with expert witnesses, including accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, financial projections experts and medical professionals. We’ll be your voice throughout the process, advocating for you at all hearings, meetings and proceedings, including trial, if necessary.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer Today
Serious and catastrophic injury claims can be complex and intimidating. You want an attorney who has successfully handled these types of cases. You want the Lee Law Firm.
At the Lee Law Firm, we provide a free initial consultation to anyone who has suffered a serious and/or catastrophic injury. We understand that you may be unable to travel, so we will come to your home or the hospital to meet with you, if necessary. To learn how we can help, contact us by e-mail or call our offices at 973-295-5847. Evening and weekend meetings are available upon request. Nosotros Hablamos Español!
We handle all serious and catastrophic injury cases in a contingent fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we recover monetary damages for you.